The Winn Parish School Board met last night for their regular meeting. Following is a summary of the meeting.
- The board voted to do away with the A/B schedule. All students choosing to attend in person classes will combine to attend school Monday – Thursday with Friday remaining a virtual day for students.
- Students who are currently enrolled in virtual classes have the option to change to in-class instruction without having to wait until the end of the 9 week period.
- Classes will resume for students on September 14, 2020.
- The most damage from Hurricane Laura Winnfield Middle Schools and Winnfield Senior High School.
- Winnfield Middle School has mold issues. The administration is determining the best way to clean the school.
- A final determination for students returning to Winnfield Middle School will be Friday, September 11, 2020. However as of last night the board is planning on all schools returning on the 14th.
- The proposed budget was approved.
- Insurance renewals were approved.