Winn Parish Recovery Response Update 9-8-20

Entergy is now reporting that there are no customers without power in Winn Parish. 

The city of Winnfield reports that 99% of all customers have had power restored. The customers without power are waiting on a specific transformer.

Winn Parish Police Jury
Permits are available at the police jury office by money order for $75. If you need a new utility pole or meter you will need to purchase a permit. 

Winn Parish was added to the Louisiana Disaster Declaration. The designation allows citizens to apply for Disaster Assistance from FEMA. Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for temporary housing, emergency home repairs for the primary residence, uninsured and underinsured personal property losses, medical, dental, and funeral expenses caused by the disaster, and other serious disaster-related costs such as childcare, medical and dental expenses. All citizens impacted by Hurricane Laura are encouraged to register as they may be eligible for FEMA assistance.

Before you apply, contact your insurance company and file a claim for the disaster-caused damage. FEMA will require your claim number when you apply. Take photographs or video of the damage and keep all receipts related to home repair.

The link to register is or by calling 800-621-3362. After registering, create an account to check your application status, view FEMA messages, update your personal information, and upload necessary documents.

If you have suffered damage to your property or vehicle, call the Sheriff’s office at 225-254-0148 ext. 0. They will need your name, address, what was damaged, and an estimate of the damaged property’s value.

FEMA is reporting issues with their website. If you do not have all ncessary forms when you apply online the system is saying that your application is denied. This is a bug in the system. If you receive a denial online call 800-321-FEMA to see what forms are missing.

FEMA will reimburse for items like a chainsaw and gas. Generators are not currently on the list for reimbursement.

If you need assistance with cutting trees, call the Sheriff’s dept at 225-254-0148 ext. 0. They will put you on a list for service from the Bible Chainsaw Gang. Please remember that the Army National Gaurd cannot cut down trees on private property.

Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP) will be available soon in Winn Parish. DSNAP provides eligible low- to moderate-income households – who do not normally receive SNAP benefits – with help buying groceries due to lost income or damages following a disaster.

American Red Cross
Located at the City of Winnfiled Fire Station is  handing out clean up kits. If you need assistance from the American Red Cross, you may contact Heather Carbajal at 423-863-0200 or 423-765-4222.

Trash Disposal
Dumpsters are available for trash disposal in Calvin across from the store, Sikes on 2nd St, St. Maurice fire station, and Atlanta fire station. Please do not use the dumpsters for limbs and vegetation.

General Announcements

Leave a Reply