Winn Parish Police Jury held a meeting Thursday afternoon with Winn Parish emergency personnel in preparation for hurricane Delta.
Attending the meeting with the jury were representatives from Winn Parish Sheriff’s Office, Winnfield Police Department, Winn Parish Road Department, City of Winnfield, City of Winnfield Fire Department, Winn Parish Fire District 3, Winn Parish Medical Center, Winn Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness, mayors from Winn Parish villages.
“We are holding this meeting ahead of the storm because we learned a few lessons from hurricane Laura and we are want to make sure that we have a plan in place early,” said Winn Parish Police Jury President Josh McAllister.
Discussed at the meeting:
- Storm to strike Winn Parish 8pm Friday with winds of 30-40mph surging up to 70mph
- Sandbags currently available at Road Barn Friday until weather permits
- Tarps available at WPSO
- Allen Building and Grove St. Gym on standby for shelter locations
- City of Winnfield FD on standby with O2
- Cajun Navy and National Guard on standby with resources
- Further updates to be posted as available
- Hurricane Laura debris clean up is halted until storm passes
- Entergy personnel already deployed to area
- Generators needed for village water systems