Alexandria, LA-United Way of Central has committed $10,000 for utility payment assistance to residents of Rapides parish residents
- Beginning December 12, qualifying residential customers in central Louisiana will be able to apply for a one-time $250 assistance on their utility bill through their UWCL website (uwcl.org)
- United Way of Central Louisiana will accept applications for residential customers who reside in our service area: Avoyelles, Catahoula, Concordia, Grant, La Salle, Rapides, Vernon and Winn.
- Those needing assistance are encouraged to visit http://www.uwcl.org for the most up-to-date information on bill assistance under “Get Help”.
United Way recognizes that although COVID may not be an everyday topic we are still seeing the effects. We are seeing it in our families that are now recovering financially from the past three years of financial challenges.
“We know these are difficult times for our communities, we saw it after doing our assistance program with Entergy” said Michelle Purl United Way of Central Louisiana CEO. “We want to ensure we’re doing everything we can to lessen the burden for our ALICE families. That is why we are targeting the working class with our assistance. The families in our community that are trying to do better but the holidays are hard financially.”
- Must have current employment (at least one household member)
- Must not have been assisted by UWCL in the past 12 months
- Customers with a household income of up to 250% of the federal poverty level will be qualified. This equates to:
- Family of 1 = $2,831
- Family of 2 = $3,814
- Family of 3 = $4,797
- Family of 4 = $5,781
- Family of 5 = $6,764
- Family of 6 = $7,747
- Family of 7 = $8,731
- Family of 8 = $9,714
- Must live in United Way of Central Louisiana’s service area
(Applicants will be required to upload documents. These file types are accepted: .jpg .tif .png .pdf
- Photo ID (driver’s license or state-issued ID, passport)
- Income Verification (choose one)
- Last paystub for all income earners in household
- Social Security Administration 1099 or 1042-S form
(please have this information handy when you start your application)
- Utility bill
- Valid email address
- Working phone number
- Utility service address
- Number of people in household
- Total annual income of all earners in household
- Income earners over the age of 18 in the household
**All documents must be turned in at the same time as the application for the application to be considered complete. All incomplete applications will require extra processing time or be denied if documents are not submitted within 5 days of notification.**
HOW IT WORKS
- Fill out the application online form and upload supporting documents.
- United Way’s Caseworker will review your application and get back to you within 14 business days.
- You will be notified if an appointment is necessary.
- Approved applications will receive a $250 credit on their utility bill within 30 days.
United Way of Central Louisiana will only be accepting online applications. We will update our website with the most current information.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE