Rotary Club of Winnfield is hosting a 5K Run/Walk on May 15, 2021, in downtown Winnfield across from the post office at 201 Bevill St.
Registration will begin at 8:00 AM and the start gun will sound off at 9:00 AM.
Registration at the event is $30.00 per person.
Contact Jodi Taylor at 832-573-5085 or email@example.com to find out about team discounts.
You may also drop off your registration form and money at the Gates Law Firm / Winnfield City Court, 200 N. Church Street, Winnfield, Louisiana.
Pick-up Registration forms at one of the following locations:
Gates Law Firm
The Rotary Club of Winnfield has served Winn Parish since it was chartered in 1927. The Rotary motto “Service Above Self” embodies what our club members strive to be, a thoughtful and helpful person in all one’s endeavors. We, as Rotarians, undertake activities to improve the quality of life in our community. Our service projects frequently involve assistance to youth, the aged, handicapped and others who look to Rotary as a source of hope for a better life. Just a few of the services we provide and projects we are involved in are:
- Annual college Scholarships $6,000 (award four $1,500 scholarships to graduating seniors)
- School Uniform Program (provide school uniforms to +/- 70 income challenged students)
- Annual Rotary Dictionary Project (give a free dictionary to every 3rd-grade student in Winn Parish)
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award Camp sponsorships for 3 High School Students
- Annual Hot Dog cookout for youth baseball
- Support efforts to boost local adult literacy program (support and tutor local adult literacy)
- Support local Dyslexia education programs
- Members volunteer at Winn Food Pantry
The Winn Parish Healthy Initiatives Coalition will also be on-site from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM hosting their “Winn in Action” event.
- Bring your unused or unwanted medications to be destroyed on-site
- COVID 19 Vaccines information available on site
- Health and Resource information
Please contact Kim Nation @ 318/729-6756 for more information.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE