Want to make a difference in our community? Consider running for public office in the City of Winnfield. The March 26, 2022 election will include mayor, chief of police, and city council.
The following is important information for the Saturday, March 26, 2022 Open Municipal Primary Election:
- The qualifying period for candidates is Jan. 26-28. Local and municipal candidates qualify with the Winn Parish Clerk of Court Hon. Chesney Creel Chandler, 119 W. Main St., Room 103, Winnfield, LA 71483, Phone: 318-628-3515, Fax: 318-628-3527, Email: email@example.com.
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Feb. 23.
- The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is March 5.
- Early voting is March 12-19 (excluding Sunday, March 13) from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot is March 22 by 4:30 p.m. You can request an absentee ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted abentee ballot is March 25 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
- On election day, the polls are open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m.