LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of federal pandemic relief has gone to K-12 education.
We need Congress to do more.
TO MAKE DISTANCE LEARNING WORK, WE NEED:
- Broadband internet access for every child
- Individualized tutors for at-risk students & children with special needs
- Learning coaches to support families and educators
- Funds for school districts to provide neighborhood facilities & staff for pod-school options
TO MAKE IT SAFE TO RE-OPEN SCHOOLS, WE NEED:
- Dedicated testing capacity with same-day results for schools
- Access to masks, distance thermometers and protective equipment
- Additional staff & expanded facilities to meet CDC guidelines for class sizes
- Increased bus routes to allow for social distancing
TO SUPPORT THIS PETITION, ADD YOUR NAME HERE: https://www.togetherla.org/schools