The CLTCC Huey P. Long Campus in Winnfield, LA is now enrolling for a new evening Adult Education class. The class is tuition free, there is no charge.
Why You Should Get Your High School Equivalency
1. You’ll make more money.
Someone who earns a high school equivalency diploma can make an average of 37.5% more than someone who doesn’t, which adds up to more than $700,000 over the course of their lifetime.
2. You’re more likely to be employed throughout your whole life.
In Iowa, an individual without a high school diploma is three times more likely to be unemployed than someone who does have it.
3. You’ll have a higher quality of life.
Having a diploma makes you more likely to live above the poverty line. Adults without a high school diploma are twice as likely to receive public assistance from the government—24% receive food assistance, and 43% are on Medicaid.
4. It will improve your kids’ health.
Children whose parents or mother graduated from high school are
• Less likely to be obese
• More likely to be covered by health insurance
• More likely to report that they are in excellent or very good health
If you earn your HSED now, you can give your kids or future children a head start and a better opportunity for a bright and healthy future.
5. You can pursue new opportunities and follow your dreams.
A HSED can earn you a raise, a promotion, admission to college courses, or an entirely new career.
If you are unhappy with your current career path or have goals that require a diploma to achieve, the Bridges to Success program may be just right for you.