Low-Income Home Entergy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills.
The LIHEAP may provide bill payment assistance and/or energy crisis assistance.
- Applicant must have an energy account & be responsible for the household energy bill.
- Applicant may only receive one LIHEAP Benefit each season.
- Heating: November 15th – March 15th
- Cooling: April – September 30th
- Crisis: October 1st – September 30th
Residents of Winn Parish please call (318) 389-4810 to schedule appointments on the 1st Thursday of each month from 9 AM – 11 AM.
Residents of Winn Parish that have received an appointment are seen at the Allen Building located at 104 W. Main Street, Winnfield, LA 71483. Residents in need of crisis assistance can call to verify eligibility & schedule a date for service.
Information Needed to Apply
- Unexpired Louisiana Identification Card or Driver’s License
- Social Security Card for all members of the household
- Proof of Income (last four check stubs or unearned income award letter, unemployment insurance, pension fund, disability, etc.)
- Recent copy of your utility bills
- Proof of residency at the address on the bill (rent receipt, lease or deed)
- Disconnect notice or the bill that corresponds with disconnect notice is required for a crisis
Please contact LaSalle Community Action Association, Inc. at 825 Hwy. 9, Sicily Island, LA 71368, (318) 389-4810, lasallecaa.net
Current Income Guidelines
|Household Size||Maximum Income
Per Household Per Month
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE