You can now receive text messages for important news from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF). Below are instructions on how to sign up for text message alerts specific to your area of interest (e.g. Commercial Fishing, Hunting, Recreational Fishing, etc.). Alerts will be limited to only the most important news in the categories you select.
Steps to Sign up for Text Alerts
- Visit: https://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/communication/subscribe?email=
- After clicking the link, be sure that all fields are completed. (All fields below are required for text alerts)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Cell Phone Number (area code first and make sure you use the correct format 555-123-4567)
- And Select a cell service provider from the dropdown list.
- Check the box next to each topic that interests you.
- You may choose how you will be alerted by selecting “Email, Text, or Both”, but to be notified by text “Text” or “Both” and provide a phone number and cell service provider.
- Select the “I’m not a robot” check box and click the “Submit” button.
You will then be directed to a “Thank you for your interest” page that informs you to check your email that you provided on this form for a confirmation email from LDWF.
In order to be placed on the text alert list, you must “opt-in” by clicking on the link above.
*If you are unable to click on the link, please cut and paste the entire link into your Internet browser to complete the subscription process. Message and data rates from your provider may apply when receiving messages.