March 20, 2021 – Open Municipal Special Election
The following is important information for the Saturday, March 20, 2021 Open Municipal Election:
- The qualifying period for candidates is Jan. 20-22. Local and municipal candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours). Federal and state candidates qualify in the executive offices of Secretary of State, Kyle Ardoin at 8585 Archives Ave. in Baton Rouge between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Qualifying fees must be paid in the form of cash; certified or cashier’s check on a state or national bank or credit union; U.S. postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union and must be accompanied by the qualifying form.
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Feb. 17.
- The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is Feb. 27.
- Early voting is March 6-13 (excluding Sunday, March 7) from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The deadline to request an absentee by mail ballot is March 16 by 4:30 p.m. You can request an absentee by mail ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted mail ballot is March 19 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
Winn Parish voters will be voting on the following positions: