Attention Nonprofits! The Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Louisiana will be offering grants up to $50,000 to Louisiana nonprofits to meet the needs of Louisiana residents who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Community Crisis and Disaster Response Grant are designed for Louisiana-based 501(c)(3) organizations working to support people directly impacted by a recent, declared disaster or crisis.
- Amount – Grant awards are up to $50,000, which can be used to support general operating costs. The Foundation has initially allocated up to $2 million to be spent via this grant program.
- Length –We are looking for projects that can be implemented immediately but also may be execute over time to alleviate specific needs following a disaster or associated with an ongoing community crisis.
- Number of Payments – One.
- Matched funds required? – No matching funds are required.
- Eligible Organizations – Louisiana-based, 501(c)(3) organizations working to support those directly impacted by a recent, declared disaster or crisis may apply. Louisiana-based 501(c) 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 19 organizations may apply provided that their efforts are related to the Foundation’s mission, are similarly supporting those directly impacted by a recent, declared disaster or crisis and provided that they can demonstrate clearly how this work being supported is otherwise the same as community and charitable work being done by a 501(c)(3) organization.
- How to Apply – Submit a grant proposal online using the link below.
- Letter of Intent Deadlines – Immediate and ongoing, as long as funds allow and there is need.
Applications should be submitted through the BCBSLA Foundation’s Website. https://bit.ly/2K8LPW